Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Flash and Arrow: Two Great Tastes That Are Better Together!

OH SHIT SON!  I had forgotten about Baby Oliver.

Hardass, I love you.  I love your no nonsense, straightforward approach to literally everyone.  Please continue cataloging all the things Barry might be doing wrong in order to fail to achieve top speed.

 Actually, just keep talking.  You can say anything you like.

Dude, that guy has a metric fuck ton of knives.

AHAHAHAHA!!! Now even CISCO'S girlfriend knows.  But of course, we're still not going to tell Patty.  Because reasons.  Really important hero reasons.  Like... Like...  OH NO WAIT, NOT FOR ANY REASON AT ALL!

YAAAAAAAY!!!!  Cross over episode!!!  Cross over episodes are my favorite.  Something about Oliver's dark brooding single-mindedness compared with Barry's lighthearted camp just really amuses the hell out of me.

Okay, okay, okay, I know this isn't my normal MO, but... I think I might really be enjoying this episode.

Felicity being snarky over the open com line is AH-MAH-ZING.  Please do that more.  In fact, make a whole spin off show that is just about Felicity being snarky.  I would watch the hell out of that.  She could make cameos on OTHER superhero shows, being snarky for them.

Damien Dark is the most wittiest villain.  He's hilarious.  I love him. 


Dear Thea, your confusion is charming.  Maybe you should get Ollie to sit down and tell you what happened BEFORE you joined the scooby squad.  Then you would be less "oh how adorable" and more "there's a frood who knows where her towels at."

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU FOR ASKING HIM WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS SLEEVES!

 Seriously.  WTF happened to your sleeves?

I have a hard time believing Felicity can't read a schematic on how to hook up a computer.  That seems like bullshit.  Utter bullshit.

Oh Cisco.  You can say it.  Go on.  Starts with "girl" ends with "friend.  Or, you know, skip it all and call her your lov-ah.  That would be awesome, too.

LOL.  I see new, relaxed, more open Oliver did not last long against Barry's more casual way of heroing.

AHAHAHA!  Cisco, you are welcome to talk about your conditioner game ANY TIME.

Oh no.  Oh no.  Oh nonononononono!  OLLIE!  You DO NOT TEMPT THE GODS OF FATE LIKE THAT!!! NEVER SAY YOU'RE HAPPY!  NEVER SAY YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED.  Ohhhhh... you just fucked yourself.

Oh LOOK!  Now Cisco has a completely unnecessary secret that he can keep from HIS lady friend!  Awww, isn't that nice.  The boys can be stupidly closed-mouthed together.

So, either Barry has suffered a massive slow down, or that dude is faster than he seems, because Barry shouldn't actually have a hard time catching those knives.

Oh LOOK!  Cisco is going to tell his woman about his powers because it makes total sense and might save her life!  SEE, BARRY?  THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!

Yay!  John Barrowman!!!!  He's so bad at being evil, but so pretty while he does it.

OH LOOK, IT'S CAITLYN'S MAN CANDY.  WONDER WHERE HE'S BEEN FOR THE PAST SIX EPISODES!?

Show of hands: who here thinks when Hardass says "we're gonna do what we need." He means they're gonna hold Jay down and give him the drug anyway, to test it?

Oooooooohhhh... Vandal Savage.  They done pulled out a BIG mamajama.

 Vandal Savage.  Immortal.  Evil.  Snappy Dresser.

That crazy girl is being hunted by an immortal badass, why did she decide to go out unprotected in the night?

See?  SEE?  You GO OUTSIDE, YOU GET GRABBED BY HAWKMAN.

Omg.  That high five miss.  That was epic.

I love how superheroes never talk to each other.  They just ASSUME anyone else out there is a bad guy.  I mean, a little "I want to keep her safe from Savage."  "Hey, me too!" Could have solved this whole thing without ANYONE needing to throw their lightning around.

Side note: I love how most of this episode of Flash is actually happening in Star City.  I wonder if Arrow will mostly happen in Central.

CAITLYN, HE JUST LOADED IT INTO A GUN.  IF HE WAS GOING TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WILLING, HE'D JUST NEED A SYRINGE.  HE IS TOTALLY ABOUT TO DOPE YOUR UNWILLING BOY TOY.  WHY ARE YOU SUCH A TRUSTING NIMROD?

Oh shit, son.  Hardass got shot.
I am not cool with that.
I am not cool with that at ALL.

WHAT THE FUCK PATTY?  JESUS, ARE YOU A GUY NOW?  SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER?

I AM STILL ANGRY AT PATTY... otherwise I would totally be laughing my ass off over Barry's snark to Malcolm.

Aaaaaaand... we're still not telling Patty what's going on.  Sure.  Why not.  Her not being in on the secret only managed to get Hardass SHOT.  It couldn't possible be safer to tell Miss Twitchy Finger not to shoot any MORE of the critical characters!

I feel like Hawkman and Hawkgirl have really been strong armed into the plot.  This is some kind of nonsense.  Are they hoping to do a spin off?  Is that why they're putting so much effort in?

Ohhhhhh... they're gonna do Legends of Tomorrow.  I see.

Ah, Jay's going to take it willingly.  Good.  That means we won't have to be angry at Hardass.  But still, I bet he would have done it without Jay's consent if he had to.  Because he's HARDASS, man.

Ahahaha!  I really hope they keep up that whole "it's your city!" thing.  It's delightfully passive aggressive.

*there should be a comment here, but I was laughing too hard about Barry calling it a tie.*

So much hubris.  SO MUCH HUBRIS.  Y'all are gonna get your asses handed to you by Savage.  FYI.

THAT'S YER BABY!!!!!!!

Okay, really looking forward to the rest of this in the Arrow half of the crossover.

No, seriously, dude, WTF happened to your sleeves?


No comments:

Post a Comment