Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Supergirl 1x06... No WAIT! 1x05... NO WAIT!!! IT"S EPISODE FOUR!? WHAT THE FUCK?

Disclaimer:  I had oral surgery yesterday, and now I'm on all kinds of medications.  This may make less sense than usual, and that's saying something.  You have been warned.

 So, the first thing I'm noticing is that I apparently missed an episode.  How I do not know, although I assume it had something to do with the fact that this show is so bad that people are going brain dead while watching it and somehow mislabeling the episode #.  Seems plausible to me.

Oh I see.  CBS is airing them out of order.  You know, Fox aired Firefly out of order and in a continually changing time slot, and it basically killed the show.  What you bet the opposite happens here, since there is no justice in the universe?

Hmmm... now that you're using your powers, you feel like anything is possible?  Does that include this morphing into a good show?  Cause I have my doubts.



You can have it all, sure, EXCEPT for that very pretty man who is currently dating the plot device.

YOU ARE FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET, YOU CAN CATCH A DAMN AIR DRONE!

Five seconds and a cursory glance and she already knows there's no markings?  I am disappointed in you, Alex.  Felicity would have at least put it in a high tech scanner before randomly declaring there was no sign of the manufacturer.

This.  Fucking.  Show.  Why can't you bond Kara and Cat over something not quite so stereotypically feminine?   Childcare?  Really?  Why don't you just have them make pie together, while you're at it.

That poor plot device just got her pride trampled on.  I feel bad for her, even though I dislike her very existence.  It isn't personal, though.  I just hate all plot devices as a matter of principle.

Supergirl, the next time you snort cause a pretty man is talking to you I am going to find some pants, put my post-surgical meds in my purse, take a cab to the airport, fly to LA, drive to the Warner Bros lot, find you, and punch you in your damn face.  Knock it the fuck off.

Oh look, you DID find a clue!  Good job!

AHAHAHAHA!!!! "You spent more time in the friend zone than the phantom zone."  Somebody on the writing staff had coffee that morning.

I do not trust that man.  He's like Lex Luthor with hair.

Oh, you're leaving Alex behind!  That sounds like an excellent opportunity for a poor, lonely woman to bang a bad guy.  Let's see what happens.



Okay, am I the only one who feels like it's a little creepy that Kara is asking a 12 year old if he's got the hots for Supergirl?  Like, isn't that a little wrong?

It's okay, Alex.  I don't blame you for wanting to bang him.  He makes compelling arguments about the realities of superheros, and I'm a sucker for a compelling argument.  Of course, you're going to feel terrible when you find out he sabotaged his own building.

Oh, look.  He planted a bomb to lure in Supergirl.

Dude, wasting 15 seconds of your minute talking to Win is not a good idea.  You're gonna be gone like 3 minutes tops.  You're in the bathroom for longer than that.  Just go.

Oh god.  GO UP DUMBASS.  UP IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET AWAY FROM THE CITY.

I'mm'a say this one more time.  TACTICS ARE IMPORTANT, EVEN FOR SUPERHEROS.

A concussive blast shouldn't actually hurt her that badly.  Superman can withstand the vacuum of space without bleeding from his eyes, which means kryptonian skin is pretty pressure resilient.  She should have been fine.

Of course, I don't know why I bother saying that, since we're all clear that no one who writes this show has any concept of applying actual standards or science to their make-believe.

That kid got out of school hours ago, how come she's going to get lunch?  Shouldn't it be dinner time?

Awww... Jeremy Jordan, you are a good actor.  I am sorry that it's going to take seasons and seasons (assuming the show lasts that long) for you to get the girl.

Look, I know he's going to end up being a ruthless bad guy, but I'm on Hairy Lex's side.  Address the real issues, and don't trust the government.

You know, I am torn between being glad that Kara apparently knows how to handle SOMETHING appropriately, and being full of rage that what she knows how to handle is relationship related, not world saving.

Does anyone else want to know how she walks in those boots?  Because it's seriously a burning question for me.  Are they not really boots?  Are they a cleverly crafted, incredibly tall slipper sock?

That actress does not seem to know the difference between a sad goodbye kiss and a "we're about to start eating each other's faces" kiss.

Ummm, honey, I can SEE the gap between those doors.  I think it would go faster if you just pried them open, instead of trying to bang your way through them.  But hey, you do what you want.

Sargent Stick Up His Ass has some nifty powers.  I wonder what he is.

See?  See?!?!?!  Hairy Lex has set this whole thing up, and promised to heal that man's daughter if he pretends to be a bomber.   SO PREDICTABLE.

Incidentally, it has occurred to me that I would make a terrible real life detective, because I would always discard the simple explanation in favor of something way more complicated.

Oh look, the pretty man and the plot device are still together!  Maybe Jeremy Jordan will get his shot this season, after all.

OH LOOK!!!!  IT TURNS OUT HE WAS RESPONSIBLE ALL ALONG!  WHAT A GIANT SURPRISE THAT IS!









No comments:

Post a Comment