Friday, March 11, 2016

Legends of Tomorrow: Too Serious For Numbers

They should have made Rip's wife a redhead.
Named Amelia.
Just saying.

Wow, Captain Hunter is on the bridge in his shirt sleeves.  Shit must be bad.  Add that to the unkempt hair and the vague wildness of expression, and I'd say we're at level 7.

In case you're unfamiliar with the more accurate and detailed pain scale from Hyperbole And A Half, I offer it to you now, for reference:


Oh, he's got his coat on and his hair fixed.  He must be feeling better.  Back down to level 3.

Why do you always separate Jefferson and Stein?  I mean, I get that together they make a being of awesome power who would make your plot structures more difficult to work out, but I still think it's just a mind numbingly stupid thing to do--to constantly separate two halves of a bad-ass whole.  Why not work a little harder on the plot, thus allowing your characters to not appear like complete jackasses who consistently make the same mistake over and over?

Question: why make out in the hallway if you're gonna get raked over the coals if you're caught?  Like, why not find a janitor's closet, or something?

Preach, Kendra!!!

Can I get an AMEN for Picard being hotter than Kirk?

I gotta say, this episode is pretty exciting.  I mean, not that I actually believe any of them are in real danger.  But in the general sense that there is much action, and I'm not sure how they're going to resolve it, it passes muster.  And Gideon's snark with Ray is fantastic.   

If this show never did anything but reference Star Trek, Star Wars, and Doctor Who, I would be pretty happy.

Space Ranger Stein is my hero.

Question: why doesn't Ray fly back in for a minute and replenish his oxygen?  Just for shits and giggles?  Is there some physical limitation that keeps him from practicing safe spacewalking procedure?  Or are we just doing stupid things for no reason again?

Mick... I am so sad right now.  This is, like, level 6.

That was the most awkward love story I have ever seen.  Ever.  In the history of television, I have never seen a more awkward love story.  Please bear in mind, I am including Caitlin Snow and Dopple Jay in that assessment.  
THAT'S RIGHT.  MORE AWKWARD THAN THE MISTLETOE KISS.

 Level 10.

On the plus side, I have to admit, I find Kendra and Ray totes adorbs.  Yes, she just lost her soul mate, yadda yadda yadda, but c'mon.  I didn't like that guy.  He was a ginormous ass, and kinda rapey, too.  Ray is sweet and kind and wicked smart, not to mention he has abs for days.  And Kendra deserves to go get her some.  I give this a 9/10 on the scale of things I am okay with.

 Get your Hawk Goddess groove back.

I am finding the end of the Snart-Rory bromance to be really sad.  You better have a good reason for this, writers.  If Lenny legitimately just killed his oldest friend, then I have gone all the way to the end of the chart.

Too serious for numbers.






No comments:

Post a Comment