Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Supergirl: REDEMPTION

AND WE'RE BACK!

Why?  Well... because while I was watching the Flash crossover episode--

--What?  I was gonna watch it, I wasn't gonna write about it--

--Cat Grant, my blessed and beloved complex character in a world of simpletons, came out with a line that spoke straight to my soul.  I believe it was a gift given by the writers, balm for my worn and cynical heart, and this paragon of scripting has opened my mind and allowed me to hope again.

"All four of you standing there, doing nothing?  You look like the attractive, yet non-threatening, racially diverse cast of a CW show."

 Oh, it's true.  It's true.

GLORIOUS!

So, because of this glory, and also because this Flash episode has been totes adorbs so far, we're gonna put SG on probationary status.  You hear that, writers?  I'm giving you a chance, based on the strength of one good line and a charming guest star.  That's a pretty big olive branch I'm extending.  Now all you gotta do is not suck completely.

Don't fuck it up.

NOW KISS!!!

Or, better yet, break out into song.  I KNOW YOU WANT TO, YOU GLEE ALUMS!

Okay... the best thing about having Grant Gustin on this show is how he shows me that the best actors can make even the most lackluster lines charming.  Someone needs to give that man more credit.  He's brilliant.

Lucy, you officially just became a real girl.  Way to be a sensible, honest adult.  I'm so proud of you.

OH GOODIE!!! Maybe this is the episode where Supergirl suffers for her boneheaded lack of tactical planning, and learns a valuable lesson.  Let's find out.

UPGRADE!!!!!

I gotta say, the hardest part of all these superhero shows is deciding what my Halloween costume is going to be this year.  There are so many good options to choose from.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU, BARRY ALLEN!  I WILL SETTLE THINGS LIKE A WOMAN WITH YOU, ANYTIME.

Really?  Banshee is super strong, too?  Cause, I didn't think that was part of her powers.  But she sure did send SG flying, didn't she?

Hey!!! I think that's a new suit.  Wasn't he wearing a one piece before?  And now it's separates?  I only noticed, because they appear to have fixed that saggy butt problem they were having with the unitard.

Behold, no sag.

Let's just get a close-up.
For, ummm... Reasons.

That kiss felt... so oddly out of character.  Like, the girl scout just tried to go all vixen, and it made me feel squoogy.  And not in a good way.  I am full of disconcert.

BIGGEST COCK BLOCK EVER.

 Not cool, man.  Not cool.

I mean, think about it.  Kara and James couldn't be the ONLY people in the city on the verge of doing the deed, could they?

Alright, SG.  Your probation is extended to next episode.  Keep working hard, and we'll get you back on track.  You know I believe in you.  I want you to succeed.  Maybe all you needed was a little tough love. 

We'll see you next week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment