Sunday, October 16, 2016

Flash, You Dumbass

So... It took me a week and a half to bring myself to watch the first episode of the new season of Flash.

Partly it's cause I was busy, but partly it's because I am SO ANGRY ABOUT HIS STUPID TIME TRAVELING.

And I probably always will be.

 Your adorability does not make me less cranky.

Look, let's say he works it all out.  That this charmingly awkward conversation with Iris leads to eternal marital bliss.  That his mom and dad are okay, that Ronnie is still alive (by the way, what does this do to the plot in Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow?  Both those shows are heavily affected by the events in the first two seasons of Flash), that Earth Prime Wells still has his wife and they maybe even have a girl named Jessie.  That SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, Barry has not inexorably FUCKED UP the entire universe by making a gigantic change in his own life, when he is clearly an impactful presence in the time stream.

LET'S SAY ALL THAT IS TRUE.

I cannot imagine the awful pain of having an entire life in your head that no one else remembers.  I cannot imagine the gut wrenching sorrow of having a man you knew as a father look at you like a stranger.  I cannot imagine giving up the friendships that have forged you into the person you are, and all the shared experiences that built those friendships.

 What about THESE GUYS?!

Like, this whole plot line is actually making my heart hurt.  And Barry doesn't seem to care in the slightest.  Which sort of makes me hate him a little bit.  Of course there's joy because his mother is alive, but shouldn't there be pain, too?  Pain for everything that he lost in order to save her?

I think, now that I've seen his little conversation with Thawn, that this timeline is only temporary.  Which is good.  But still.

Damnit, Barry.  Do I need to get Stan Lee to come scream at you for a while?

WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.

OMG.  I do love Optometrist Caitlin, though.

"You just kidnapped this woman."

Oh my god.  And now, just like that, you're gonna put it back?  Like, yes, that's the right call, but shouldn't there be more agony involved in this?

AND THERE WE GO.  SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED WITH IRIS.  YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP.  GOOD JOB.

My irritation over his inability to stay out of the time stream is really of epic proportions.  I mean, it's a great set up for the season and what not, but... SERIOUSLY.  BE A LITTLE LESS STUPID, FLASH.

Okay, okay.  I'm going to accept it.  I'm going to get over the sheer idiocy of mucking about with time, and just let it go, so I can comment on the other stuff about the future episodes.  I just needed to get this out of my system real quick.

*deep breath*

There.  All better.

DUMBASS

Okay.  Almost.





No comments:

Post a Comment