Thursday, October 13, 2016

Last Chance Rodeo

Oh my god.

I think I'm enjoying Supergirl.

What black magic is this?

 Smell the scent of a brand new season that doesn't suck.

I mean, it's funny.  I love their blase and totally tongue in cheek intro of the new DEO office.  I actually thought the first glimpse of Clark was very well done.  And that bit about her changing his diapers?  That was genius.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

And it continues!  Alex apparently has a thing for Clark!!!!!  How wonderful.  And there's some underlying tension between him and J'onn--that they DIDN'T just explain away right away!!!

WHO IS WRITING THIS SHOW NOW??!!!??!

They look confused by the change, too.

I mean, everyone's reaction to Clark is starting to irritate me, and I think that's on purpose?  Like, it totally seems intentional, as opposed to all the times other people on the show irritated me when they were trying to be sincere.   But Clark himself is charming as hell.  Where did they get this guy?  He's not as burly as Henry Cavil, but he's perfect.  

AND OH MY GOD... They have given me the face of a woman picture a manage a trios with Clark Kent and Superman.



I am actually holding my breath, hoping they don't fuck this up.

*raises hand*

I need a clarification.  Are we accepting the events in the two most recent Superman movies as cannon for this universe?  Like, is Lex in jail cause Clark and Bruce just put him there after randomly meeting Wonder Woman?  Or is this an alternate universe and Lex is in jail for a whole other reason?  I feel like I need to have this explained, so that I can go on with trying to accept just how great this Superman is, compared to the terrible version of him in Dawn of Justice.

Uh-oh...

Oh-no...

DANGER, DANGER!!!!

Is this episode about work/life balance?  Is it about being a woman who can have it all?

 Excuse me?

OH HELL NO.

I mean, I almost forgive them, for that line from the random civilian about how they're moving back to Gotham.  That was pure gold.

But...  Isn't that a little hypocritical of Superman?  I mean, the DEO is FULL of guns.  Guns which can kill people.  And he doesn't have a problem with that.  Nor does he think all the humans there should walk off the job just cause there are guns involved.  But because it has something that can kill him, all of a sudden it's not cool?

And...  Sigh.  That was so blatant.  SOOOOOO blatant.  "Last year was all about figuring out how to be Supergirl, now I have to figure out how to be Kara."  For serious?  You just decided that we were all too stupid to figure out the plot arc without being told directly?

And...  You're not even going to let James and Kara have ONE hot date before you bust that up?

WHAT THE HELL?

Okay, look... it's greatly improved.  I am unlikely to throw rotten tomatoes at the screen if this is the caliber of episode we can expect this season.  But I'm also unlikely to actually look forward to watching the show.  This is more like... the show I watch when I need to vacuum.  Because sometimes it's actually better if I can't hear what they're saying.

Except for Cat.  I want to hear everything she says.  Twice.  
And cackle madly.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment