Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Supergirl: Take a walk on the Dark Side.

Does anyone else think it's weird that Astra's husband is either named after the negative prefix, or some very tasty Indian bread?


New term: Deer in plane lights

Okay.  Listen.  Whoever had the brilliant idea to show him lifting her feet off the ground in order to show how helpless she was...  Please remember...  SHE CAN FLY.  IT'S NOT GOING TO CHOKE HER, BECAUSE THE GIRL DOESN'T RESPOND TO GRAVITY.

Oh yeah.  No way they're gonna think you're banging the boss now.  I mean, its not like he gave you a new toy to play with.  Like the DEO.

To be clear, I am actually 100% in favor of Alex banging J'onn.  I bet the Martian Manhunter is dynamite in the sack.

I feel like Astra stopped by the My Little Pony Fashion Boutique, and got one of their white clip-in plastic hair extensions.  No?  Just me?  Maybe you need to take another look.

I give you: Spiral Curled Pony Hair

Dear Supergirl.  You are the worst interrogator ever.  Fluffy bunnies with tickle sticks do a better job at interrogation than you do.  Butterflies with honey kisses glean more information.  Astra's got freaking PONY HAIR, and she's better at being an emotional manipulator than you are.
I'm gonna go ahead and offer up my allegiance to team Astra.  I mean, from what we've seen so far, I'm pretty sure she was spot on.  And if she had a plan to reverse the damage to the planet's core, she would have saved millions of lives.  I'm not saying I won't change my mind later, but she'd have to have a plan that involved--I dunno--slaughtering every child born for the next twelve generations, or something like that, in order to make the salvation of Krypton not worth it.

OMG.  I want a super sibling who goes to my favorite food truck in another state and fetches me takeout when I'm down.  

Yup.  All I hear is "this is Lieutenant Tasty-Bread."

Okay.  It's super cute that they've got Hank tied up.  But J'onn J'onzz can phase shift.  Which means she doesn't NEED to save his ass.  He can sink right out of his bonds and through the floor, any ol' time he wants to.  Which really makes this whole "oh no, you captured Hank" thing kind of pointless.

Heh.  That was kind of subtly cool.  All of the General's staff are big burly dudes, and then he's like "if you'll excuse me, ladies."  This is the kind of thing I would be applauding as a dig at the patriarchy if the entire show wasn't such a massive betrayal of women in general.

Holy shit.  You know, someone on the writing staff has their eye on the general cluster-fuck that is our country.  Unfortunately, they're apparently in charge of writing the dialog for the antagonists.  It makes it hard to sympathize with those other guys that's we're supposed to be rooting for.

Amiright?

And we go from evil torture right back to the pink cardigan.  It's like visual ping pong.  In a bad way.
SHE. HAS. SUPER. HEARING.  CLOSING THE DOOR WILL NOT HELP!

Also, speaking of things that are a betrayal of women... Jimmy, I officially want to punch you in the face.  Oh, you found out Lord has a plan to take out the Kryptonians?  And your reaction is what?  To share this information, pool your knowledge, and let her help solve the problem like an adult?  No?  Oh, so you're going to lay out the information you've gathered, and ask her to wait to do anything until you can find out more, trusting in her ability to show restraint, like an adult?  No?  OH, YOU'RE GOING TO KEEP IT FROM HER, BECAUSE SHE'S A FEMALE AND IT'S YOUR NATURAL INCLINATION TO TREAT HER LIKE A FUCKING CHILD?  QUELLE SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Oh, and now he's using her fictional expectations in order to manipulate Winn.  I take it back.  I'm not gonna punch him in the face.  I'm gonna punch him in the nuts.

Cat Grant.  Freeing up Superheroes to save the world, by also making them destitute.  

See?  See?  This is what happens when you try to HANDLE A SUPER.

Do it!  DO IT!!! GO BAD!!!

Man, why you gotta talk her off the cliff like that?  You are harshing my buzz.

This scene has a real "I can feel the good in you.  Turn away from the Dark Side." kind of vibe to it.  All it needs is for Astra to have a giant black mask, and a voice like James Earl Jones.

Wow.  Kara's mommy is a wide eyed idealist, ain't she?

SO MUCH RAAAAAAGE.  If this were Superman, he wouldn't trust that saving that guy's life would have won him over.  He'd just melt the ends of the guns with his heat vision.  Done.  Why does Supergirl have to be SO DAMN GIRLY?

My face, at all the corn.  So, so much corn.





No comments:

Post a Comment