Thursday, February 4, 2016

Flash: Oh, Hardass, Say It Isn't So!

Hey, once Wally becomes Kid Flash, will Barry's intro change to say "I am one of the only ones fast enough to stop them"?

Oh, Hardass.  You don't have to do this.  TURN AWAY FROM THE DARK SIDE, HARDASS.

Iris, why is your drag racing outfit so very early 90's?

Know what?  I think Flash has now mentioned Oliver's mayoral campaign more than Arrow has since Felicity got shot...

I gotta say, I'm not feeling a whole lotta sympathy for the guy eating boiling tar right now.  I mean, Karma, man...

Okay, I get that this whole scene is to provide some tension while Hardass plants the evil speed sucking device, but I just want to cut out the ominous music and splice together the conversation that leads to Barry and Cisco realizing that Cisco just created the meta-human tinder.

 Nope.  Not starting that fetish.

Wow, Hardass.  You're gonna steal his speed AND you're gonna be mean to him?  Way to double down, man.

AHAHAHAAHAH!!! Oh Cisco, you are the best tech genius in the world, but Felicity beats you hacking.  No lie.  Don't take it personally.  Part of friendship is honesty.

Iris, I don't think that's the most safety conscious way of going about trying to shut down the races. 

A tortured half confession is a thing you should listen to, Barry.  Glossing over it when someone says they're going to betray you is a rookie mistake.

The symbiotic reactions between Hardass and Cisco are a constant delight to me.  I will be devastated if this season ends with Hardass returning to Earth 2, or, even worse, gaining the enmity of the team, because then there would be no more moments like this.

 THESE NITROUS GRENADES!!

Whoa!!!  Well holy hell, after all that I have to say that the LAST thing I expected was for Hardass to just come clean like that!  Of course, since he actually did the right thing, NO ONE ELSE WILL.  Jesus, Joe, you're gonna punch the man?  Before you even ask him why?  And then throw him in a cell?  WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS REASONS?

So, Tar Pit is actually exactly like Clay Face, except for the origin.  How come they bothered with the name change?

Okay, seriously?  If Tom Cavanagh goes away at the end of this season I'm gonna be hella pissed.  Because he gives a whole lot of depth to that character, and this show as a whole.

Wally, that was really sweet.  I can't wait for you to get your powers.

DAMN RIGHT, BARRY.  PREACH.

Oh, now that IS exciting.  I want to see Earth 2's Barry.

Pretend Cisco is in this Shot.  Apparently he skipped Comic Con.

I'm going to take a minute to say something about the cast of Flash, and, bear with me, it's going to be pretty positive.  
The actors that they have on this show are really phenomenal.  I tend to gush over Tom Cavanagh, because I happen to love the character of Harrison Wells, but the truth is they're all good.  They get handed absolute dirtball lines on a regular basis, and somehow make them work.  They do even better when they get good material, and while I'm not overly enthused about the general plot arc, I have to say the writers of Flash are really good at comedy.  Anyway, I hope someone tells these guys what a good job they do on a consistent basis with what could be really leaden material in less skillful hands.  They're the reason the show works, and I really hope they're getting some respect for it somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment