Thursday, February 4, 2016

Supergirl: BRING ME MORE THIENTHE!

So, does anyone else find that opening shot of Maxwell Lord to be oddly dramatic?  I mean, was he sleepy?  Was he resting his eyes in the elevator?  Or maybe he was meditating or something?  I dunno, but it definitely seemed weird to me.

Well, he might be an evil genius, but at least he's got the balls to do his own dirty work.

That... is gonna require some explanation.  Can someone please summon the faux science team to explain how Maxwell Lord created a shapechanger out of a functionally dead girl?

The best thing about J'onn J'onzz is how few fucks he gives about Earth norms.  I'm just waiting to see David Harewood in a pair of briefs and a cape.

Dear Costuming Department,
Please make it happen.

I like how they just directly jump to the conclusion that it has something to do with Maxwell Lord and his random unconscious girl.  Like, it's more believable that he can magically make a random girl in his lab fly and look just like Kara than, oh, I don't know, a clone's growth could have been accelerated.  And yet, despite immediately coming to the correct conclusion, they dismiss it instantly because she was comatose.  Cause THAT'S harder to explain than the flying, looking-like-Supergirl thing.

Oh, how cute.  Now the boys can both be all awkward about Adam, because there's nothing that says Strong Female Protagonist like having the men on the show struggle to suppress their unreasonable feelings of possessiveness.

Maxwell, you are a terrible father.  Don't teach your children to kill people they don't like.  It's a horrible precedent.


HAH!  Nothing like a newsworthy disaster to cock-block a superhero on a first date.

Supergirl, brawling on the rickety cable car is a terrible idea.  It's isn't quite as bad as teaching your super-powered minion to kill everyone she doesn't like, but it's still pretty bad.

Listen, Kara, I would like to encourage you to be the very first hero in the whole run of current television shows who chooses to be honest with someone early on in the relationship.  I really think it will help when you keep standing up Adam.

Maxwell Lord: Super Creep

Maxwell, you continue to disappoint me with your fatherly wisdom.  Not just disappoint, but actively creep out.  I'm considering punching you a little bit, until you stop being so damn creepy.

Um, also, I'm really disappointed in your villain skills, too, because rule #1 is DON'T EXPLAIN WHAT YOU DID TO THE GOOD GUYS.  Not until they're tied up over a vat of boiling acid or something.

Also, as long as we're making a list, I'm incredibly disappointed in your logical skills.  Batman always worried about what would happen if Superman went rogue, but did he expose his weapon and shoot his wad early?  No he did not. 

 This is how logical people treat helpful Kryptonians

Yeah, Jimmy, Win is right.  You got zero sorrows to drown, Mr I-Keep-Dating-The-Very-Pretty-Plot-Device.

Awww... Win has just officially been upgraded to "really good guy who officially deserves to be happy".  It takes a big person to tell someone else to go out and get the object of your own affections, because you know it will make both of them happy.

Who else wants to go drown their sorrows with these two?

HOLY SHIT!!!! TALK ABOUT THE WORLD'S MOST MASSIVE COCK BLOCK!!!!  I have a hard time envisioning anything more likely to keep you from getting laid than having a Bizarro version of yourself swoop down and carry you away from the dude you're making out with.  That was impressive.

Check that shit out.  Bizarro blows fire.  That's... bizarro. 

 I still wanna see the science.

So, we're just gonna accept that the kryptonite made her stronger, but also degraded her DNA splice to the point where she now no longer looks like Kara, and can be played by a whole different actress?  Sure, that's not weird at all.

Oh my god.  Cat Grant's reaction to Kara dating her son is everything I ever dreamed it could be, and more.

*Sniffle*  I am more sorry to see Adam go than I anticipated.  I hope he comes back, and they end up together.  He's a far more open and honest guy than Jimmy is, that's for damn sure.  And Win is apparently buying real estate in the friend zone, so...

Seriously, Max?  You're gonna send her after Alex?  You are such a giant dick. 

YEAH, KARA.  For serious.  Any guy out there who doesn't realize he wants you until he sees you with someone else does NOT get to come along and be comforting after you send the other guy packing.  Jimmy, you totes deserved that.

 The pierced ears STILL bother me.

Ummm... Alex, while I'm 100% in favor of you locking Maxwell Lord away in some deep, dark hole, I find myself unaccountably uncomfortable with you slapping a facade of legality on it.  It reminds me far too much of the current scary possibilities under the Patriot Act.

Dude, OMG.  OH MY GOD.  Please, let her take Jimmy, and Win, AND Adam!!!  I want to see a heartfelt conversation between the three men who like Kara while they're being held by her Bizarro twin.  That would be pure, unadulterated screen magic. 

Incidentally, I think it says something that I thought Bizarro would go after her sister, and instead went and picked up her crush.  I'm not sure if it says more about me or the show, but the writers and I definitely have different ideas about what "love" really is.

Huh... Max seems to be wearing more guyliner than he was when they put that hood on him.  Actually, I have to say, as the series goes on his make-up keeps getting heavier and his haircut keeps getting worse.  Do you think it's like, a conscious choice by the costumer?  Like, are they trying to take him all the way to Jareth, the Goblin King by the end of the series?

 You see it, too, right?

Damnit.  Damnit, damnit, damnit.  Instead of a brilliant comedic moment between the three boys, they're going to give us the trite and predictable trope.

Yes, yes, you love her.  BUT MY WAY WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

Hey, here's an interesting question... did they get her stunt double to play Bizarro?  That would actually be pretty cool...

James, you are a dumbass.  I mean, I kind of feel like at this point you don't deserve any kind of resolution with Kara, so I'm not really upset by this.  I just feel the need to clearly state it, in case you didn't know.

FACEHUGGER!!! Uh... if an Alien incubates inside a Kryptonian, do they get even scarier?  And, also, what might that look like?



No comments:

Post a Comment