Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Supergirl: If you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

Hmmm... you know, there was this episode of Doctor Who, where the Doctor and Clara got attacked by face huggers that gave them dreams to keep them from trying to fight off the alien that was liquifing their brains.  Since, last we saw, Kara was getting attacked by a face hugger, and since she's clearly having some kind of pleasant hallucination as a result, I'm gonna go ahead and call this a blatant rip off.  Of course, if you're gonna steal, might as well steal from the best.

Ehrmegerd.  You know, when I'm sick, I always wear an overly elaborate gown with the symbol of my house upon it.  OH NO WAIT, I DON'T, BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING DOES THAT.

 Who sleeps in a fucking belt?  Seriously.

Oh look!  She's got on different earrings!  Perhaps this is some sort of lame attempt to reassure us that her ears were pierced back on Krypton.  Of course, when I say "us" I really mean "me" because as far as I can tell no one else gives two shits about this.  And, of course, as far as I'm aware the Supergirl show runner has no idea that I've been bitching about this all season, so maybe it's really just a chance to change her bling.

Well, of course it's not technically a face hugger, because if your star is that pretty you don't want to cover up their face.  But, in essence it is the same as a face hugger.

J'onn, you took the words right out of my mouth.  What the hell are those guys doing there?  Damn.  They let just anyone wander into that "secret" base.  Next thing you know they're gonna be holding a sock hop in there, for the obligatory Sadie Hawkins Dance Episode, where Supergirl will have to decide which of her dreamy suitors to take to the DEO Ball.

My goodness, Alex, that's a very intimate way of questioning someone.

NOW KISS!

Dude, I'm really enjoying all the bro bonding that Win and Jimmy are doing.  Perhaps someday they'll both realize that it would never work with a super hero, and they'll turn to each other for comfort.  They'd make a lovely couple, wouldn't they?  In my mind, this will happen.

OH YES.  Why on earth would you have J'onn pretend to be a doctor, and have him call Cat, informing her that Kara is in the hospital?  THAT WOULD BE A SILLY PLAN.  FAR BETTER TO HAVE HIM SHAPE CHANGE AND TRY TO BE AN ASSISTANT FOR A DAY.
Well, better for me, anyway.

Oh.  My.  God.  Melissa Benoist pretending to be J'onn J'onzz pretending to be Kara Danvers is the best thing ever.

Max Lord to the rescue.  Just don't get all chummy with him, Alex.  Remember he's a bad guy and, more important, he keeps trying to kill your sister.

 The look of utter fear, when you realize it's time to try to sound evil, 
and you know it's more than you can handle.

That pretty lady is SO TERRIBLE at being a badass.  I just want to give her a hug.  I will say "It's okay, pretty lady.  We can't all play terrifying, mass-murdering generals.  Some of us were meant to play mothers, and, like, kindly doctors and shit."

Alex, honey, you're in Kara's mind.  That gun isn't real.  I'm not sure why you've pulled it, but you might as well put it away. 

That was actually a hell of a monologue.  Well done, Chyler Leigh.

Oh, she mad, bro

Damnit, Kara, you broke rule #1.  I don't get how kids these days graduate without knowing rule #1. 

HOLY BALLS!  ALEX HAS A KRYPTONITE SCIMITAR!!!

Oh pretty lady, I guess you don't have to be a badass anymore.  You can just be the memory of a mother.  It's okay.  It's really your strong suit, anyway.


It will be on a night like this, that Win and Jimmy finally 
express their love for one another.


So, it might just be me, but I feel like that episode... did not suck as much as they typically do.  In fact, I think I might have enjoyed it.  Oh god, what's happening to me?

Maybe I have a face hugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment