Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Very Supergirl Thanksgiving



Hah!  Okay, Supergirl officially gets a high five for non-cis-normative standards.

AHHHHH!!!!  I got so distracted by Dean Cain in the first episode, I didn't notice that her foster mom is SUPERGIRL!  HOLY SHIT, THAT IS EXCELLENT CASTING!

Now, I'm feeling like maybe I need to send the show runner a calendar.  Cause maybe they didn't notice, but Thanksgiving is actually next week.

I will forgive SG for being clueless if, every time she asks something dumb, someone reminds her that she has mother-fucking super powers and can eavesdrop if she wants to.

Oh look.  There's the walking, talking plot device that's being used to keep young lovers apart.  Pardon me while I go slam my head into the wall.

Could the writers please make up their mind as to whether or not Alex is an uber-competent agent of an ultra-secret organization, or a neurotic, obsessive older sister? 

Also, could we please have one strong woman on this show that doesn't have a crippling character flaw?  I mean, we've got someone mentally strong, but she's an utter bitch.  We've got someone physically strong, but she's got all the backbone of an extremely timid jellyfish.  And we've got someone knowledgeable, except that every time an emotional situation comes along she goes batshit.  Way to champion strong women, CBS.

WAY TO ENCOURAGE YOUR SISTER TO STAND UP TO HER MOM, KARA.  I mean, sure, she COULD say "Hey, mom, your expectation that I will defend Kara at all costs, up to and including controlling her completely and sacrificing my own personal happiness is stupid.  Get over it."  But no.  It's much better to tell her that you've completely shaped your life around her unrealistic expectations, without acknowledging how dumb they are.

LIGHTNING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.  Damnit.  I will accept any silly alien nonsense you want to pretend is real, but on this planet we have actual physics, and LIGHTNING DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.  Even assuming Supergirl is ultra-conductive, the energy should have passed into the highly conductive body of the helicopter, not the only semi-conductive body of the human beside her. 

Ah, there we go.  Alex is choosing the path of sanity.  Her mother is still whackadoo, but YAY FOR A SANE RESPONSE!

Is "keep me company while I work on my dissertation" the new code for sex?  It's longer than "coffee" and takes more time to say.  I'm sticking with "coffee."

ELECTRICITY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.  This is only plausible if she's actually in CONTROL of the electricity she discharges.  Otherwise she'd just ground herself constantly. 

IT WOULD NOT JUMP TO THE NEON SIGN WHEN THERE'S A PERFECTLY CONDUCTIVE PUDDLE RIGHT... Oh for fuck's sake.  Nevermind.  Science is dead.

Holy shit, she can shift between matter and energy without any kind of loss or transformation? 
Nevermind.
Sorry.
I forgot science was dead.

Awkward Turkey!!!!!  That's what I like to have for Thanksgiving.  That, and a lot of the "fun" that Alex is having. 

My favorite time to tell my mother than I'm a secret government agent is over awkward turkey.  It makes everything seem so much more plausible.

Whoa, Momma Danvers is really seriously fucked up, and a bad mother.  Good foster mother, maybe, but TERRIBLE mom.

HAH!  Little Kara does NOT have pierced ears.  I knew it.

Wow.  Live Wire could totally kick SG's ass.  She's got an excellent power (and one that can damage a Kryptonian, I might add), she seems to have a decent idea of tactics, and she's got a lotta rage.  Of course, the show isn't named after her, so her odds are bad, but in a real world cage match my money would be on Leslie.

Isn't the power out in the building?  How is the elevator still working?

Lolz.  I like calling him Agent Mulder.  Not more than I like calling him Sergeant Stick Up His Ass.  But close.

Cat is by far my favorite character on the show.  She is as emotionally complex and interesting as Supergirl is one dimensional and disappointing. 

Oh, I *do* like that cover of Take Me To Church.

THAT WOULD NOT HAVE DONE ANYTHING!!!! SHE CAN JUST TRAVEL THROUGH THE WATER!!! IT'S CONDUCTIVE, YOU GIANT IDIO--

Sigh.  Nevermind.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.  I'll stop caring that science is dead.

Awww... Win loves you.  Stop pining over the tall handsome man.  He's very handsome, but he's dating that overly-made up plot device.

And here we go.  A full five minutes solid of attempted feels, and yet I feel almost none of them.  Heavy-handed, thy name is Supergirl Writing Staff.

Five bucks says Dean Cain isn't dead.




No comments:

Post a Comment